PRIVATE LIFE CHARTER
Effective since : 20/05/2018
We take pride in respecting the privacy of our users and treat their personal data in the strictest confidence and in accordance with current legislation.
We draw your attention to the need to read this charter carefully. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA?
HECHT is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Here is our complete contact information:
13 avenue de l'Industrie 1420 Braine-l'Alleud
N° BCE : 0470.557.088
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your data - whether personal or not - for various reasons which are defined in the following point (see point 3). The following data is concerned:
- your identification data (surname, first name, title, e-mail address, telephone number, delivery address)
- your bank details (IBAN and BIC/SWIFT account number) and billing information;
- our communications (by email or otherwise);
- the pages you have consulted on our site;
- the type of browser, platform and/or operating system you use;
- the search engine and the keywords used to find the site;
- your browsing preferences.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect your data mainly to be able to process your order, to improve our service and, more generally, to be able to communicate easily with each other. Finally, your data also allows us to improve and facilitate your navigation on our site.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
5. IS YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We keep your data for as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected (see point 3).
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW DO YOU EXERCISE THEM?
You may at any time request to verify, access, rectify, delete, transfer and oppose the use of your data, as well as request the limitation of your data. To do so, simply send us an email to the following address: email@example.com. We will then make every effort to do what is necessary as soon as possible.
8. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA AND TO WHOM IS IT DISCLOSED?
Our employees and subcontractors. They only have access to your data to the extent necessary for the execution of your order and/or for the fulfilment of the objectives pursued (see point 3). Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
9. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA ABROAD?
We only transfer your data to a country outside the European Union on the condition that this country provides a level of protection equivalent to what you can find in your country of residence.
10. WHAT IS OUR POLICY REGARDING DATA CONCERNING MINORS?
Our site and the sale of our products are not directed to children under the age of 18. If you become aware that your underage child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN THE CHARTER?
12. WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A DISPUTE?
Long trials do not benefit anyone. In the event of a dispute between us, we are committed to dialogue and openness in the search for an amicable solution.
1. GENERAL WARNING
1.1 S.A. HECHT (hereinafter, "HECHT") respects the privacy of its users (hereinafter, the "Users").
1.2 HECHT processes the personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and in particular with Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereinafter, the "General Data Protection Regulation").
1.4 The User acknowledges having read the information below and authorises HECHT to process, in accordance with what is specified in the Charter, the personal data that he/she communicates in the context of the ordering service made available by HECHT (hereinafter, the "Service").
1.5 The Charter is valid for all the pages hosted on the Site and for the registrations of this Site. It is not valid for pages hosted by third parties to which HECHT may refer and whose privacy policies may differ. HECHT cannot therefore be held responsible for any data processed on or by these sites.
2. 2. RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING
2.1 Access to the Site is made without having to provide personal data, such as, in particular, the surname, first name, postal address, e-mail address, etc., to the Site.
2.2 Within the framework of the Service, the User may be required to transmit certain personal data. In this case, the person responsible for processing this data is:
Avenue de l'Industrie 13 B-1420 Braine-l'Alleud
N° BCE: 0470.557.088
2.3 Any questions or requests concerning the processing of these data can be addressed to the following address: email@example.com.
3. DATA COLLECTION
3.1 By placing an order with our sales department, the User notably allows HECHT to record and keep, for the purposes mentioned in point 4, the following information:
- identification data, such as surname and first name, title, e-mail address, delivery address;
- banking information necessary for the Service, such as bank account numbers, IBAN and BIC/SWIFT;
- billing information;
- communications between the User and HECHT;
3.2 The User also authorizes HECHT to record and store, for the purposes mentioned in point 4:
3.3 In order to facilitate the navigation on the Site as well as to optimize the technical management, the Site may use "cookies". These "cookies" record in particular:
- The User's navigation preferences;
- the date and time of access to the Site and other traffic data;
- the pages consulted;
3.4 When the User accesses the Site, the servers consulted automatically record certain data, such as:
- the type of domain with which the User connects to the Internet;
- the IP address assigned to the User (at the time of connection);
- the date and time of access to the Site and other traffic data;
- communication data;
- the pages consulted;
- the type of browser used;
- the platform and/or operating system used;
- the search engine as well as the keywords used to find the Site.
3.5 No nominative data enabling the User to be identified is collected by means of cookies and servers consulted. This information is kept solely for statistical purposes and to improve the Site.
4. TREATMENT FINALITIES
4.1 HECHT collects, records and uses the data of its Users in particular for the following purposes:
- to establish, carry out and conduct the contractual relationship with the User;
- to analyze, adapt and improve the content of the Site;
- to provide the Service;
- to enable the User to receive messages;
- to facilitate the availability and use of the Site;
- to personalize the User's experience on the Site;
- to respond to requests for information;
- for possible marketing actions and promotions proposed by HECHT to Users who have given their consent;
- to inform them about the evolutions of the Site and its functionalities;
- for all other purposes for which the User has given his/her express consent.
5. RIGHTS OF THE PERSON CONCERNED
5.1 According to the regulations on the processing of personal data, the User has the following rights:
- Right to be informed of the purposes of the processing (see above) and the identity of the data controller.
- Right of access and verification of data: the User may at any time have access to the data that HECHT has on him or verify whether it is included in the HECHT database.
- Right of opposition: the User can at any time oppose the use of his/her data by HECHT;
- Right of deletion and/or modification: the User may at any time inform HECHT of the corrections to be made to the data concerning him/her and, if necessary, request the deletion of his/her personal data.
- Right of limitation of the processing: the User can notably obtain the limitation of the processing when he has opposed the processing, when he contests the accuracy of the data, when he considers that the processing is illicit.
- Right of portability: The User has the right to receive the personal data that he has communicated to HECHT and may also ask HECHT to transmit these data to another data controller.
5.2 The User may at any time request access to his/her personal data, check them, transfer them, limit in some of the cases mentioned above their processing and rectify them. The User may also request, free of charge, the rectification and, if necessary, request the deletion of all his/her personal data from HECHT's database - with the exception of those which HECHT is legally obliged to keep - and oppose the use and, if necessary, request the limitation of such data.
In order to exercise his rights, the User sends a written request to the data controller:
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: Hecht s.a./RGPD - av. de l'Industrie 13 - B-1420 Braine-l'Alleud
5.3 HECHT will then do what is necessary to satisfy this request as soon as possible and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. If necessary, this period may be extended by two months, taking into account the complexity and number of requests.
6. SHELF LIFE
HECHT will keep the personal data of its Users for as long as is necessary to achieve the pursued purposes (see point 4).
7.COMPLAINT TO THE CONTROL AUTHORITY.
The User is informed that he or she has the right to file a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy, whose contact address is as follows:
Commission de la Protection de la Vie Privée Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Brussels email@example.com
8.1 HECHT has taken the appropriate organisational and technical measures in order to guarantee a level of security appropriate to the risk and to ensure that the servers hosting the personal data processed prevent, as far as possible:
- unauthorised access or modification of this data;
- improper use or disclosure of such data;
- the unlawful destruction or accidental loss of such data.
8.2 In this respect, the employees of HECHT who have access to these data, are subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality. However, HECHT can in no way be held liable in the event of misappropriation of this data by a third party despite the security measures adopted.
9. COMMUNICATION TO THIRD PARTIES
9.1 HECHT considers personal data as confidential information. It will not communicate them to third parties under conditions other than those specified in the Charter, such as to achieve the objectives aimed at and defined in point 4, or under the conditions in which the law obliges it to do so.
9.2 HECHT may transmit to third parties the personal information of its Users insofar as such information is necessary for the performance of a contract with its Users. In this case, these third parties will not communicate this information to other third parties, except in one of the two following situations:
- the communication by these third parties of this information to their suppliers or subcontractors to the extent necessary for the performance of the contract;
- when these third parties are obliged by the regulations in force to communicate certain information or documents to the authorities responsible for the fight against money laundering, as well as, in general, to any competent public authority.
9.3 The communication of such information to the aforementioned persons shall, in all circumstances, be limited to what is strictly necessary or required by applicable regulations.
10. TRANSFER TO A COUNTRY OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
HECHT only transfers data to a country that is not a member of the European Union when this country ensures an adequate level of protection within the meaning of the legislation in force, and in particular the Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy and its implementing decrees as well as Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, applicable as of May 25, 2018 (hereinafter the "General Data Protection Regulations") or to the extent permitted by applicable law, e.g. by ensuring data protection through appropriate contractual provisions.
11. DIRECT MARKETING
11.1 Personal data will not be used for direct marketing purposes for articles or services other than those to which the User has already subscribed ;
11.2 Where the User has given his consent for the use of this information for direct marketing purposes, the User retains the right to object at any time, on request and free of charge, to such use. To do so, the User need only communicate his request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE CHARTER
By informing Users by email, on the Website or otherwise, HECHT may modify and adapt the Charter, in particular in order to comply with any new applicable legislation and/or regulations (such as the General Regulation on Data Protection applicable from May 25, 2018), the recommendations of the Belgian Privacy Commission, the guidelines, recommendations and best practices of the European Data Protection Committee and the decisions of courts and tribunals in this matter.
13. VALIDITY OF CONTRACTUAL CLAUSES
13.1 The abstention of HECHT from availing itself, at a given time, of a provision of the Charter, cannot be interpreted as a renunciation to assert its rights under the Charter at a later date.
13.2 The nullity, lapse or unenforceability of all or part of any of the preceding or following provisions will not result in the nullity of the Charter as a whole. The provision that is wholly or partially null, lapsed or unenforceable will be deemed unwritten. HECHT undertakes to replace this provision with another one which will pursue, as far as possible, the same objective.
14. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
14.1 The validity, interpretation and/or execution of the Charter are subject to Belgian law, to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable rules of private international law.
14.2 In the event of a dispute relating to the validity, interpretation or execution of the Charter, the Courts and Tribunals of the judicial district of Nivelles shall have exclusive jurisdiction, to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable rules of private international law.
14.3 Before taking any steps towards the judicial resolution of a dispute, the CLIENT and HECHT undertake to attempt to resolve the dispute amicably. To this end, the CLIENT and HECHT will first contact each other, before resorting, if necessary, to mediation, arbitration, or any other alternative means of dispute resolution.